Looking for fabulous snorkeling in shallow water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Annie R

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking for incredible snorkeling (best in the world) where the water is only about 3 feet or less over the reef or bottom and there are tons of colorful fish and corals. I'm a diver, but have a shoulder injury and may not be able to dive for awhile. Years ago (50?!?) I was in Bora Bora and was taken out to an atoll which met all of my needs. I don't know what the snorkeling is like there anymore. I like to be really close to the fish (I can't free dive) so I don't want to snorkel where the fish are far below me. Any ideas? Thanks.

Palau Pacific Resort. Incredible, giant clams, great fish life

There are spots at Wakatobi Resort like that. We went as snorkelers with a snorkel guide. Purpose of guide in part was to be sure we got on a boat going to suitable spots. Some were walls but the top was shallow and water clear. There is a house reef right out front.

Pink Beach near Komodo Island is also great for shallow water snorkeling.

Years ago I did 2 liveaboards in the Maldives. The turnaround time between them (a few nights) was spent at Bandos Resort. The house reef was amazing: colourful corals, octopus, black-tipped sharks, all the usual suspects (fish) were there. Beautiful snorkelling in very shallow water.

Back
Top Bottom