Looking for experienced Monterey dive buddy Sunday 2/23 or Monday 2/24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

broadreach

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I'm an experienced diver (300+ dives) but new to California. I have cold water experience from Alpine lakes in Switzerland and France and beach diving experience from warmer climates including dealing with strong currents and moderate surge. I have never dived in Kelp and never in the combination of cold water + kelp + surge + current. The closest conditions I've dived in were probably the Mediterranean in northern Italy in winter and Baja California Sur (sea of Cortez near La Paz)

I have been lurking on this board for a long time (pretty much since I found out that I was moving to California last summer). I have read all the usual new to Monterey links that get posted here regularly.

I am comfortable diving with my drysuit and dry gloves and all my gear is pretty much ready to go. Even my newly acquired and tested 120 HP steel tank is full of air.

I am available to dive on Sunday or Monday - when the current forecast suggests a calming of those nasty swells. (I could also go on Thursday or Friday this week - but the forecast looks bad).

If anyone of the experienced local divers is available on any of these days to show a newbie around the local spots I will be grateful. My goal is to have an easy relaxed introduction to Monterey dive. I'm willing to go to any spot in the general Monterey area. Just keep in mind that it would take me 2.5 hours to drive there from Fresno. If anyone actually lives in the Fresno area and wants to share the drive, that could be even better.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom