Looking for dock space in Hollywood, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thelostpirate

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am just testing the waters right now. I am going to look at a boat, but one of the issues is I will need to store it somewhere. I know there are plenty of marinas, and that is always an option. But I was wondering if anyone on the group had a home on the water with a dock that they are not using and may want to make some extra money and be able to go on dive trips.

Also, if you have this but you do not want a permant resident if you would be willing to let me dock till I found a good marina.

The vessel I am looking at now is 26 foot so it is not that big., again I do not have one yet, but maybe soon.

Thanks,
T

My boyfriend has enough room on his dock in Fort Lauderdale to handle a 26 footer; PM me if interested.

I am just testing the waters right now. I am going to look at a boat, but one of the issues is I will need to store it somewhere. I know there are plenty of marinas, and that is always an option. But I was wondering if anyone on the group had a home on the water with a dock that they are not using and may want to make some extra money and be able to go on dive trips.

Also, if you have this but you do not want a permant resident if you would be willing to let me dock till I found a good marina.

The vessel I am looking at now is 26 foot so it is not that big., again I do not have one yet, but maybe soon.

Thanks,
T

Hey T,

Is this a 26' Mac sail boat? And are you going to the Keys to look at it?

There is a marina in Hollywood called Hollywood Municipal Marina it is the furthest south marina that takes liveaboards. To live on the boat it's $500 a month. Includes water, ele, showers and a park. 24hr security

Becky

It is a 26' walk around cuddy power boat. I think it will be great for a little dive boat for me and friends.

Thanks for the advise.

Sounds nice, I had a Grady-White with just those specs and it was a GREAT dive boat!!! It was also nice for boat camping in the Keys. If you do not yet have a marine surveyor lined up, I know an excellent one in Key Largo. He has been a surveyor for a few years but formerly he was a dive boat captain and he has been a dive instructor for decades so he'd be ideal for surveying a dive boat. No, I make no money off the referral, he's just a longtime family friend (25+ years).

Why would you not want to keep it on a trailer? 26' is no big deal to tow, and you don't have to tramp through someone else's yard everytime you use your boat.

no trailer, and no truck big enough to pull a 26. I will probably just put it in dry storage, that way I do not have to worry about it, just call them they put it in, show back up and they pick it up.

Deb it is very simular to a grady.

I used to keep my Grady in dry storage, first at Harbourtowne then down in the Keys. Have you gotten a quote on the cost of that vs. what Jay would charge you to dock it? Just sayin'!

That dry storage thing is taking off - lotsa boats in a relatively small area. Dockominiums - new OED word complete with monthly maintenance fees if you buy one. Before the real estate flattening-out, some of those things were running in multiple units of $100K.
I looked into dry storage in Deerfield Beach at Pennell's where Tony keeps Diversity. It would have run me $600/month to keep it on a rack for my 30'. Dry storage places all along the ICW - pick your inlet.
If you can work the dock thing out ok, that would be ok too, although when I did it, the maintenance kinda stopped.
I miss the Rainbow Bay Marina in Pearl Harbor when I kept my dive boat for 10 years. $44/month plus I had a boatyard with NO rent tucked away in a corner until they built the bridge to Ford Island.
If you haven't bought it yet and you have any kind of towing capacity, you might want to consider a smaller, lighter boat. Nothing beats having that baby sitting right next to your house.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom