Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Guys,

I am looking for a Dive Master internship. I don't want to pay. I am also interested in conservation work. Pretty open to where it could be, although would like to keep to warm water but not necessary. All my diving has been in Cozumel. I've already applied to a couple in Raja Ampat. Let me know if you know any places that do this? Any help is of course appreciated.

Happy New years to all.

Matt

Maybe you should start a go fund me as well. Usually in Indonesia the internships are for Indonesians who will stay on and work after they are certified. Foreigners cannot work as DM's in Indonesia.

Dressel Divers may be your answer.

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a Dive Master internship. I don't want to pay. I am also interested in conservation work. Pretty open to where it could be, although would like to keep to warm water but not necessary. All my diving has been in Cozumel. I've already applied to a couple in Raja Ampat. Let me know if you know any places that do this? Any help is of course appreciated.

Happy New years to all.

Matt
Hi Matt,
I'm afraid I cannot help you with info here, sorry for that:) However I have pretty similar plans (in that I'd like to go to Raja Ampat ideally, but certainly to Indonesia for a DM training / internship in the coming months) but I have not started to direct message centers / crews, just saw this post first and I would be very much interested in your experience, may I ask what dive centers have you contacted so far? Have you got any useful replies that you are able to share?
Many thanks
Bogi

You will find that a fair number of pros find this type of offer to work for free offensive. More than a few people got suckered into DM/Instructor training with the idea that they could make some kind of money from all the time, effort, and work they put in.
Then come to find out they are getting screwed over because of the ones willing to work for free.
Those willing to work for free devalue the "profession" that was supposed to exist and actually be a profession.
Instead they have to basically be indentured servants to unscrupulous, cheap, and greedy operators.

LMGTFY. If you don't want to be another cog in the wheel of mediocrity, there's a mountain (or maybe centoe) of real experience within 2 hours of you. Si quire una recommendacion solo pregunta. . .

Back
Top Bottom