Looking for divers who want to dive in the LI Sound

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caruso

Banned
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I picked up an 18' CC boat 3 seasons back and I've been diving in the LI Sound primarily on the Smithtown Artificial reef which consists of barges, tugboats, and lots of construction debris (much of it from the old Tappan Zee bridge). Depths are around 40' but there are also deeper wrecks further out in the LI Sound that are on my bucket list.

Usually my girlfriend crews the boat while I dive but sometimes she isn't around such as today, which is a beautiful Thursday afternoon and I want to go diving and no one else is available.

So if you're looking to hit a few low visibility wrecks off Long Island, drop me a PM and we'll exchange contact information. I'm usually out diving Thursdays and Sundays.

Also want to add:

I've got 2 additional sets of dive gear and 4 tanks and weights that I'm happy to share.

I usually launch out of Stony Brook Marina.

Interesting... I will be out in Wading River next month. Probably won't have time to join you, though.

However, I am planning to dive the San Diego on 8/14 if you are interested.

I sail out of manhasset bay.
Viz is probably less than a foot now in western LIS. blech.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom