Looking for dive watches for my newly-certified sons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ohana

Registered
Reaction score
I tried to search the boards here, but no luck. i am looking for a recommendation on decent kids' dive watches. The boys are 10 and 13. Nothing too fancy, but decent enough to last. TIA

If you want a watch and not a computer, the Citizen BN0000-04H is a no nonsense modern day classic at a reasonable cost if you shop around. A good sized watch for youngsters.
If you want something a little larger and flashier consider the Citizen BN0150-28E.
Both are Eco-drive and ISO-compliant and can be had for around $150.

PS: Not a dive watch, but my all time favorite watch: The ALBA (division of SEIKO) APBT211 available from Ebay for less than $100. Genuine titanium, military styled, and light as a feather with a black dial and big numbers. I have been wearing one for three years while loading bags on airplanes and it's still ticking and looking great. Not marketed directly in USA.

For x < $100...I'd do a Casio G-Shock. I've had two G100's (below) for well over a decade. One of them has been my beater (it looks it)...the other I kept "nice"/clean to wear to work.

Considering what I paid for them back in ~'04 (about $50 each)...they're probably the best bang for my buck item that I've ever owned.They're cheap enough that if it breaks for some reason or gets lost...it's not a big deal.

https://www.amazon.com/Casio-G-Shoc...pID=51xsDuD9pxL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

For a budget "dive" watch...I like my Seiko (SKX007). Those are pushing $200 though. They have a smaller one that's slightly cheaper (essentially a scaled down version of the SKX007). A little cheaper for the Citizen dive watches, that have equally good reviews.

For kids though...I think I'd go the G Shock route just to make sure that they aren't going to get lost. Maybe upgrade sometime down the line for a birthday or Christmas.

Another vote for the G-Shock - get one with a 100M depth rating. I abused one for years in daily wear and never took it off to go diving. Get an Indiglo model - they're bright at night - although using it a lot shortens the battery life.

There's some that look tech also - the kids will like that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom