Looking for dive stores in MN to help teach basic scuba at Camp Courage.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt the Aquaman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
:snorkel: Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone could help my friend, Kelly Schuna, Health Care Coordinator/Camp Director for the MDA of MN. She is also a diver. They have been talking about having a scuba shop come out to camp, June 5-11. They are looking for someone from a dive shop in MN to go out to the camp and teach some scuba basics to the kids in the pool. I think that this would be really cool for the kids and give them some hope. If anyone can help, please contact me or my friend, her email address is below. Thank you in advance for any assistance anyone can give us.

email address is minneapolisservices@mdausa.org

Phone number is 952-697-3250

Camp Courage website is http://www.couragecamps.org/

Take care everyone. Safe diving. Matt :crafty:

Thanks for those that responded. It was all set up with 3 local dive shops, but it fell through! Apprently the national office for the MDA said it would be too much of a liability. They must not know that lots of handicapped people dive, and that kids with MD are all different. We all have different limitations, same as everyone else. It would have been such an amazing thing for these kids, I was very disappointed to see it not work out. The dive stores I mentioned still offered to do private lessons if any of the kids were still interested so that was one good thing out of it. Adios then. Safe diving.
Matt :11:

Click here to greet a new member!
:happywave
No experience needed and it feels great!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom