Looking for Dive Op recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eggzlot

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am taking a cruise to Bermuda - first cruise and first time in Bermuda. Both my brother in law's and I are certified divers and wanted to do a 2 tank dive.

I figured our cruise ship (Royal Caribbean) has something set up but from what I've head its likely cattle call style diving with big boats, lots of people, shorter dive times, etc.

anyone know of a good dive op that would pick us up at the port area and take us out for a 2 tank dive? We do not mind joining others on the trip, just would prefer not a group of 30-50+ people or something that usually happens with cruises.

I also assume we can get a better price going direct vs taking the cruise dive op?

When month are you going? There are only a handful of dive ops in BDA and most if not all close for the winter months. Also where does your ship dock? Diving from a cruise ship in BDA will limit your options based upon time and the logistics of trying to get to where the other dive ops are and back. Fantasea is located at the Dockyard where most cruise ships dock and caters to cruisers. If you dock at Georgetown or Hamilton (which I am not sure they still do, its been a while) you may have some options but it will likely entail the add'l expense of a taxi to the dive op.

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. Docking at Kings Wharf and we have two full days there (though I know our family has plans one day, so we'll use the other day to break out and do our own small group things - like this SCUBA trip)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom