Looking for Dive op in Egypt, Aug 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andy077

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everyone, I'm hoping to find some suggestions on a dive op in the Red Sea for next summer. We're hopefully taking a cruise on the Nile, and 5 days of diving. I'd be grateful for any suggestions, on who to use, how to get there, and so on. A liveaboard is probably not in the budget, so if there are any boat dive ops and cheap lodging on shore that would be perfect.
thanks!

Andy

Andy,
Where exactly in the Red Sea? You might be surprised that, for instance in Sharm El Sheikh, a liveaboard costs the same as a good daily dive operation + cheap accommodation.

If you want a less expensive alternative and still world-class diving, I recommend Dahab. I can help you with organizing your diving trip if you want. Have a look at http://www.red-sea-shadow.com for more info.

Dahab is a vibrant place with great diving right off the beach. Worth a visit if you're anywhere near there.

Take care with the Nile cruises. There are a large number of ugly, stinking diesel monsters that power up and down between Luxor and Aswan. Yuck, yuck and double yuck.

Take a look at Family holidays, adventure holidays, ecotourism, responsible travel & responsible tourism, gap year and family holidays. World's best responsible & ecotourism holidays, flexible tours, small groups and the option to be "loosely attached" if all you want is someone to arrange accomodation, transport and local guides for the highlights if groups rally arean't your thing. Sailing down the Nile from Aswan to Luxor in a felucca was a highlight for us, as was the extra time in Dahab :)

Andy, I would highly recommend Dahab, it is worth the extra bus hours, i just came back from spending a week there, and it is divers paradise. It's all shore dives, most the dives are suitable for the new diver and the very advanced as well. a very small percentage of the people that go there are not divers. which is nice because that way Dahab is just a lot more peaceful without all those folks on vacation and all, just divers :)

Asser (Red Sea Shadow) helped me setup that trip and it was very nice..

Asser, thank you very much... my friends had a great time and wanted me to tell you how much they appreciate all you did for us setting up the trip and all. they did not want to leave Dahab. It is officially my favorite place in Egypt so far.

Asser, thank you very much... my friends had a great time and wanted me to tell you how much they appreciate all you did for us setting up the trip and all. they did not want to leave Dahab. It is officially my favorite place in Egypt so far.
You're welcome man :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom