Looking for Dive Buddy, Lake Tahoe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alex Y

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
lookong for a dive buddy for Lake Tahoe this week or weekend, or next week or weekend. Still somewhat of a newbie to diving. I’ve recorded around 25 dives though. All my dives have been in the Monterey area. I live in Sacramento and would love to check out Lake Tahoe before the winter weather rolls in.

Let me know if you’re free and willing to dive! Would like to get 2-3 dives in for the day.

I'd check out Aventure Scuba in Reno. I just got my OW certification with them the last two weeks and we did all our dives at Tahoe. I don't think they are doing any fun dives this weekend as far as I know though.

Meeks bay was really nice with 25 ft. Visibility and the temperature was only in the 60s at depth (~40ft).

In terms of diving at altitude we did our dives to 40 ft max. Instead of 60 ft. and did SI's longer than an hour and twenty min. I'd check on this obviously but that's what we did.

I'd check out Aventure Scuba in Reno. I just got my OW certification with them the last two weeks and we did all our dives at Tahoe. I don't think they are doing any fun dives this weekend as far as I know though.

Meeks bay was really nice with 25 ft. Visibility and the temperature was only in the 60s at depth (~40ft).

In terms of diving at altitude we did our dives to 40 ft max. Instead of 60 ft. and did SI's longer than an hour and twenty min. I'd check on this obviously but that's what we did.

How was Meeks Bay? im debating on returning to Point Lobos in Carmel this week on 9/4/2018 or taking my first dives into Lake Tahoe. Any recommendations on Lake Tahoe?

Is it as easy as walking in from the shore?

Thanks for your information

How was Meeks Bay? im debating on returning to Point Lobos in Carmel this week on 9/4/2018 or taking my first dives into Lake Tahoe. Any recommendations on Lake Tahoe?

Is it as easy as walking in from the shore?

Thanks for your information

I like the beach out of DL Bliss better, and the water is clearer. The drawback on a weekend in the summer is that you should aim to be there no later than 8:30 or the parking gets full by the beach and you have to schlep your gear a long way.

We love to grab crayfish from there though you can do it out of Meeks Bay as well.

Back
Top Bottom