Looking For Dive Buddy/group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zack2171

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking for a buddy or buddies to dive with at the fantasy lake quarry in rolesville any day on the week of March 28th (next week). I havent been in the water since last July and I have fairly low experience so I'm just trying to prepare myself for offshore dives this summer. Anyone is welcome and I may practice photography while there, not quite sure yet. But I can dive any day that week so let me know if anyone is interested! Im new to this forum so let me know if there is a better place to post this next time. Thanks, Zstone

Post in RAD (Raleigh Area Divers). It has several hundred members and not all are in Raleigh. A partially overlapping group is Down Under Divers also centered in Raleigh. DU originated with the Down Under Scuba shop that is now out of business. It consists of their old dive club plus some of their instructers plus a lot of other local divers. DU actually has meatings and an organization. Other than some MODS RAD folks just dive and talk about diving.

What days will you be out there? There will be several folks this weekend. Current temp is 52 or so independent of depth above 30 ft so need to be warm.

Thanks I will keep be sure to try that out next and yeah I figure it's gonna be pretty cold you think a 7 mil wetsuit would be enough? I'm usually somewhat tolerate of cold water. And I think I could be out there any day when ever others are there to dive with. Thanks

I used to live in Raleigh and dove Fantasy Lake many times. You will be fine in a 7mm suit. Be sure to bring warm, dry clothes to change into. Also a tarp will come in handy to lay your gear on while suiting up.

Two to three of us will be at FL this coming Saturday. PM me if you want to join us.

If any are curious Zack joined a couple of us last saturday for a nice dive. Unfortunately at the end of the dive Zack and AL had headed in and as I followed I was viciously repeatedly attacked. It was hard to get a photo I was laughing so hard as it kept hitting my camera. But I did get one picture of the thug. Other divers reported similar assaults.

bass1.JPG

Back
Top Bottom