Looking for dive buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatim_fl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey everyone back Home. I'm looking for someone who is experienced with boat diving in the Keys to call a friend. I grew up in West Palm Beach but call Nevada home now. Mostly dive Lake Mead NRA dive sites which is fresh water. I am visiting with my 17' center console in tow and looking for someone to dive with last week of february to first week of march time frame. I am new to diving and just finished my SSI training with my last certification dive being tomorrow at Lake Mead. I have also Scuba in my teenage years in Florida and the bahamas.. Never been more than 35 feet but certified to 60'.

I tow a 20 ft from Texas every year. Chk out Breezy Palms in Islamorada, fair priced rooms and they have a small 20 slip or so marina protected by a concrete breakwater. chk it out on google earth. Alligator lighthouse is right at 3 miles. key largo sites are about a 25 mile run up coast. lots of dive sites close by cheecas, hens and chickens, Davis reef and lots of unmarked. most dives inside the reef are 15-30 ft outside deeper areas can reach 70-100 ft. Sea Monkeys is across the highway for air fills and great advise. Robbies is 1 bridge over 10 min by boat. We will be there in July. this wll be our 4th time with the boat and love it. If you get blown out in the 17 there is plenty to see and do on the back bay side. you can even run the back bay down a ways to find protected diving off your boat further south. Ki Ki at big pine key has the best Key Lime pie. staying in Key Largo or further towards Key west triples the hotel cost.

I tow a 20 ft from Texas every year. Chk out Breezy Palms in Islamorada, fair priced rooms and they have a small 20 slip or so marina protected by a concrete breakwater. chk it out on google earth. Alligator lighthouse is right at 3 miles. key largo sites are about a 25 mile run up coast. lots of dive sites close by cheecas, hens and chickens, Davis reef and lots of unmarked. most dives inside the reef are 15-30 ft outside deeper areas can reach 70-100 ft. Sea Monkeys is across the highway for air fills and great advise. Robbies is 1 bridge over 10 min by boat. We will be there in July. this wll be our 4th time with the boat and love it. If you get blown out in the 17 there is plenty to see and do on the back bay side. you can even run the back bay down a ways to find protected diving off your boat further south. Ki Ki at big pine key has the best Key Lime pie. staying in Key Largo or further towards Key west triples the hotel cost.

Thanks so much for the tips, I will be back in Nevada for summertime and doing mostly Lake and California coast diving.. Florida is mostly my winter escape plans..

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom