Looking for Dive Buddies (kitchener area) Sept, Oct, Nov 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikepeluso

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello dive enthusiasts,

For those that don’t know me, my name is Mike Peluso.
I live in Kitchener and love to dive.
I am currently looking for some dive buddies in the KW area.
I have done 100+ dives in the last year ranging from 20-130feet., in temps from 39F-tropical.
I am available midweek as well as weekends.
I am very interested in diving during some of this winter.
My issue is I don’t drive, so it is hard get to dive sites, I am willing to pay gas money.

Days I am available currently are (all dates are subject to change) :

Sept

25 –
26 –
29-
30-
31-

Oct

1 –
4 –
5 –
8 –
10 –
14 –
15 –
18 – after 2pm
19 -
23 –
24 –
27 –
28 –
29 –

Nov

1 –
2 –
6 –
7 –
10 –
11 –
12 –
15 –
16 –
20 –
21 –
24 –
25 –
26 –
29 –
30 –

bump this up changed some dates

cant edit the original post it seems.

oct 28th is booked for family stuffs

Have you tried googling for scuba meetup groups? There is the Pelagic Divers Meetup group in Toronto and may be more as well. I am a member of several scuba meetup groups and find it a good way of meeting divers in my area. I like scubaboard but there is very few divers on it in my area.

The dates don't help...this time of year most dives are pretty spontaneous and based on weather (and spousal committments!). I know you posted on Ontario Dive as well but you might want to go to your local dive shop in Kitchener and see if they have a "club" or can pass your contact information on to some of the keeners.

The dates don't help...this time of year most dives are pretty spontaneous and based on weather (and spousal committments!). I know you posted on Ontario Dive as well but you might want to go to your local dive shop in Kitchener and see if they have a "club" or can pass your contact information on to some of the keeners.

I have to agree with Bob. This time of year, the "scheduled" group dives are done for the year and it becomes nothing more than when an individual is going diving. And this time of year that list starts to shrink as the water does start to get colder which for some reason tends to scare people off :idk:.

The dive shops will know who would still be diving this time of year and may be able to put you in touch. That on top of what you have already done (here and on Ontario Diving) and you hopefully can get wet.

Do you dive through Tri-City or Groundhog or Dean's or....or......or

I have to agree with Bob. This time of year, the "scheduled" group dives are done for the year and it becomes nothing more than when an individual is going diving. And this time of year that list starts to shrink as the water does start to get colder which for some reason tends to scare people off :idk:.

The dive shops will know who would still be diving this time of year and may be able to put you in touch. That on top of what you have already done (here and on Ontario Diving) and you hopefully can get wet.

Do you dive through Tri-City or Groundhog or Dean's or....or......or

i mainly dive with groundhog, and i am in contact with a lot of divers and a dive club that meets every month.
i like meeting new people, and i am aware weather plays a big roll in diving this time of the year, but i figured i would put all my dates out there so when some one is like " hell i want to dive but people are scared off by the weather" and they saw one of the few posts i have put around... heck i might get to dive.

PS cedar hill was about 50 degrees and 20-30 feet of vis on saturday..... waves were pretty bothersome tho.

thanks for the comments guys, i really appreciate the help. i am hoping to get a few more dives in before Feb :p as long as the waves dont beat me up to badly.

Does Groundhog still have their message board? Back when I dived with them I used it to arrange dives. And I agree, get your name out there and somebody may end up available on one of the days that you are....

Does Groundhog still have their message board? Back when I dived with them I used it to arrange dives. And I agree, get your name out there and somebody may end up available on one of the days that you are....

groundhog message board is around, and pretty dead. i think there are like 2-3 people that post there once in a while.
we made a facebook group that is for KW area.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom