Looking for buddies to discover diving sites around Sacramento

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Patmol

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

I just moved from Belgium to Davis with my wife and we are looking for buddies to discover diving site around Sacramento.
We already went to various scuba center in Sacramento and we are planning to do some dives with them but we are also looking to dive regularly and they seem to mainly organized dives for their classes, not just to dive for fun.

So we are looking for a club or divers to dive with, to gain some experience, discover dive spots and meet people (never easy to move at the other end of the world) :)

We are both 1-star CMAS divers, we have a little more than 20 dives each and we used to dive in old quarries with a water around 53°F.

Thank you! I will not hesitate to contact you as soon as we go dive to Lake Tahoe. It will probably not be right now as the water is a little cold, and as we are diving with 7mm :)

Thank you also for the web site, I will add it to my bookmark, really useful!

My biddy and I dive the Sacramento area very regularly (4 dives per week) and would be happy to introduce you guys to some spots we enjoy. We've met some other local divers through here that we love diving with as well and are always welcoming of new folks in our group.

Our mission has always been to clean up the rivers and lakes (we carry large trash collection bags each dive) and to find treasure (and when we are able to, return it to its owner if we can track them down - I was able to return 2 phones just last week).

Give me a holler if you are interested and we will get you out there. The visibility yesterday on the river was absolutely fantastic. Spent well over 2 hours underwater enjoying it all.

I will be more than happy to meet you and your buddy! And I love you mission!
If we can dive and make the place where we dive a little cleaner, I’m 100% for it!

I will contact you, I’m really interested in diving with you :)

Welcome! I think you will find many people from the Sacramento area go down to Monterey. Lots to see there. There was another diver looking to dive in freshwater this summer, check out:

Look up Pinnacles Dive Center or Marin Diving they do monthly fun dives. They both have an email list you can sign up for. Most of the fun dives are in Monterey/Carmel or the Sonoma Coast.

Sorry for the late reply, we just did our first dives in Monterey this weekend. Even if the visibility wasn’t really good, it was a pleasure to go dive again :)

Thank you wnissen for the link to this other topic, I will take a look at it. And thank you NorCalDM for those two dive centers, those fun dives seen really a good way to dive regularly!

Tahoe can be a lot of fun. You can dive it in a 7mm July thru September, maybe push it into October with the right undergarments.

My biddy and I dive the Sacramento area very regularly (4 dives per week) and would be happy to introduce you guys to some spots we enjoy. We've met some other local divers through here that we love diving with as well and are always welcoming of new folks in our group.

Our mission has always been to clean up the rivers and lakes (we carry large trash collection bags each dive) and to find treasure (and when we are able to, return it to its owner if we can track them down - I was able to return 2 phones just last week).

Give me a holler if you are interested and we will get you out there. The visibility yesterday on the river was absolutely fantastic. Spent well over 2 hours underwater enjoying it all.
I can't DM you yet but looking for the same. We are in the Vacaville/Fairfield area and usually dive Lake Berryessa on the weekends.

Back
Top Bottom