Looking for Buddies in South Florida/Treasure Coast (BHB, etc.)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SubNeo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey,

I just certified a month ago and I am looking to start meeting people. At this moment I do want to dive a few more times in more shallow water to practice soft skills, so I'd love to hit sites such as the Blue Heron Bridge a bit before starting to try some of the more scenic locations.

I'm located on the Treasure Coast and would love to buddy up. I'm fairly focused on safety, hence why I want to practice soft skills a bit more before heading back down towards 60ft again.

Looking forward to meeting some of the community in South Florida :)

My GF also just got certified 2 weeks ago at the same places. We have gone on the Jupiter dive shop boat, the Narcosis and the Stuart dive shop boat since. She currently has 8 logged dives, so our focus is on comfortability and safety as well.

We don't have a boat yet, so we are currently taking charters every chance we get and are also looking to meet local people in the diving community.

We are trying to go every Saturday if the weather permits (I travel for work and usually fly every Monday). If you ever want to tag along, you are more than welcome to.

My GF also just got certified 2 weeks ago at the same places. We have gone on the Jupiter dive shop boat, the Narcosis and the Stuart dive shop boat since. She currently has 8 logged dives, so our focus is on comfortability and safety as well.

We don't have a boat yet, so we are currently taking charters every chance we get and are also looking to meet local people in the diving community.

We are trying to go every Saturday if the weather permits (I travel for work and usually fly every Monday). If you ever want to tag along, you are more than welcome to.
I certed with StuartScuba, and actually I'm on one of their boats on Saturday. I did find a buddy (who worked at the shop haha) and he dragged me into another boat dive.

I was thinking of attending the ICC Reef Cleanup at the BHB on the 18th, was just trying to make sure somebody would buddy with me there.

Hey everyone,

I'm moving to Fort Lauderdale at the beginning of next month and am also looking for dive buddies! And also dive shop recommendations if you have any :D
I have 35 logged dives, mostly in California but some tropical (Belize, USVI) and my PADI advanced cert.

I'm happy to dive in all situations and continually practice soft skills as well. I just like being in the water.
My weekends are open for diving.
I work fully remotely, west coast hours, so if timing/site was right, I can also dive mornings during the week.

Hope to see ya out there!

I'm moving to Fort Lauderdale at the beginning of next month and am also looking for dive buddies! And also dive shop recommendations if you have any :D

Might want to check out Aquí Water Sports in LbtS.

Ryan and Landon are the owners and can fast forward your research for dive sites, charters, buddies and further training opportunities.

The few people I've met live very busy lives... I'm always open to meeting new people along the Treasure Coast down to West Palm :)

Facebook has a couple of local dive groups you can join and post to find buddies. Vero Beach Scuba and BHB dive club. Have fun!

Hey,

I just certified a month ago and I am looking to start meeting people. At this moment I do want to dive a few more times in more shallow water to practice soft skills, so I'd love to hit sites such as the Blue Heron Bridge a bit before starting to try some of the more scenic locations.

I'm located on the Treasure Coast and would love to buddy up. I'm fairly focused on safety, hence why I want to practice soft skills a bit more before heading back down towards 60ft again.

Looking forward to meeting some of the community in South Florida :)
you should check in with the Vero Beach Scuba Club on Facebook. our folks dive, there is no cost to join and all are welcome to come on dives. Great way to meet some great dive buddies!

The best way to meet other divers is to go out and dive. You're going to meet people on the boats or at the bridge and it's easy to make friends in person that way. FB and sites like SB are great too, but the surefire way to meet other people that dive the same places you want to dive, is to go and dive those places.

you should check in with the Vero Beach Scuba Club on Facebook. our folks dive, there is no cost to join and all are welcome to come on dives. Great way to meet some great dive buddies!
I've been, had mixed results. Did meet one guy, but he is always busy these days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom