Looking for buddies/diving opportunities

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mdoreen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all! I'm a Canadian student in Cambridge for the year, and really wanting to do some diving. Just thought I would put some feelers out and ask if anyone is looking for a dive buddy, or knows a good way to get out and do some lake or quarry dives? I don't have a car here, so am unfortunately limited to places I can reach with public transport.

You may wanted to join a local bsac club to get buddies

Go meet them and see if you get along before to pay money and join.

Maybe you want to check Stoney Cove for a quarry training place?

There should be some student diving clubs around Cambridge and the university. As @BlueTrin said, a BSAC club would probably be best for you. You will need to go along to one of their club nights or better still a pool night.

Stoney's the closest larger quarry to you, but a fair way away - 75 miles or so.

Sea diving's pretty much off now until the start of next season. April onwards. Apparently North Norfolk diving's quite nice.

Thanks, I think the Cambridge uni BSAC is relatively inactive atm due to covid, but I will check out the regional one!

Thanks, I think the Cambridge uni BSAC is relatively inactive atm due to covid, but I will check out the regional one!
In addition to the Uni club there are 2 others in Cambridge, Cambridge (Cherterton Sports & Leisure Centre) and Newmarket (Bottisham Swimming Pool).

The Uni website shows them meeting weekly at the Panton Arms, thursday 9pm.

Back
Top Bottom