Looking for Breakfast suggestions in downtown area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blue steal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Will be staying in the downtown area on this upcoming trip and not into cooking.
Staying for two weeks and I am looking for some tips/advice on a few breakfast spots within a 10 minute walk from plaza area.
Enjoy a traditional mexican breakfast as well as pancakes/waffles.
The few I've come up with so far:
1. Del Museo
2. Jeannie's waffle House
3. Prima
4. Rock'n Java (have been here and enjoyed their lunch)
5. Chi for Sunday brunch

I have heard that Casa Mexicana has a pretty decent buffet each moring, but not sure if it is for guests of Casa and Bahia suites only.
If not, was curious as to the price and whether or not it would be worth it.

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions.

Last edited:
Try Corazon Contento at Calle 2 and Avenida 10. It is the guy that used to have the concession at Del Museo. Haven't made it myself yet, but hear it is good.

Try Girasoles on Calle 5 near Avenida 10 (not the Girasoles across town though I hear that it's good but it's not downtown). Locals place, few tourists if any, two blocks from the main drag, four from the square, great breakfast and very reasonable. Opens at 7:00 am. I never miss it when in Coz. Try the Carne Asada con Huevos.

My favorite breakfast is at Casa Mexicana. You do not need to be guest to eat there. Great waffles and a good omelette station, fresh fruit, juices, etc. It's slightly pricier than some other objects, I think 155 pesos? (~12USD)

La Choza has a great (65 peso, I think?) breakfast.

Definitely don't miss the breakfast at the museum either. New owners but food is still fantastic; they also do lunch and dinner now too.

Order the Migas at La Choza & add some green sauce!
In addition to those mentioned, which are all recommended: La Cozumelena - Ave. 10 Sur & Calle 3, Abuelo Girardo - Ave. 10 Norte bet. Juarez & 2, Casa Denis - Calle 1 between Aves. 5 & 10, La Candela - Ave 5 N @ Calle 6.
Farther afield, good food @ good prices: Casa Mission - Ave. 55 Sur bet. Juarez & Calle 1, El Torito - Ave. 65 bet. Calles 17 & 19.

There's a stand in the municipal market that makes Honduran breakfast baleadas-basically like quesadillas with tons of stuff in them-- for 20 pesos and strong honduran coffee. They also have fresh squeezed juices, friend plantains and a bunch of other stuff. There's a little counter to sit at. Completely worth a trip in my opinion, especially if you're looking for something a little different than the "usual."

LaChoza and eggs la Migas. THat is the best in Cozumel.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Back
Top Bottom