Looking for Bora Bora advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwalz1

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I am heading to Bora Bora in January and am looking for a couple pointers. I did read a couple other posts that mentioned Top Dive, and I was planning on two days of diving while I am there.

I would be looking for any recommendation on dive shops and dive sites.

I am not an expert and have maybe 40 dives total under my belt. I like sharks, wrecks, caves and anything interesting to see. I prefer 60 ft or less just to have a longer dive, pretty comfortable with anything.

As a bonus request, my wife (who grew up in Hawaii of all places) is skittish and not comfortable in the water so I dive solo but am interested in a place away from the hotel with maybe 6-10 ft of water to take her for a snorkel. This will probably make her very upset for the rest of the trip that I forced her into a "scary" situation, but one has to try.

Any help appreciated.

Presumably your trip has come and gone, but for future searchers:

I went to BB when I had all of 2 ocean dives and zero boat dives, and went with Eleuthera Bora Diving. I did half a dozen dives in 2 days with them, finished up my AOW, and had a stellar experience overall.

For the " but am interested in a place away from the hotel with maybe 6-10 ft of water to take her for a snorkel." segment, there's a particular spot that all the local tourist operators go to expose people to some rays and blacktip sharks that is nice and shallow for inexperienced folks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom