Looking for Artist for Scuba Tshirts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divepa

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking for an artist to do about 5 to 10 drawings on a couple Tshirt ideas that I have. I would need exclusive rights to these pictures after they are finished. I'm willing to pay for this. I will choose the lowest quote. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,

DivePA

hey divepa,
I am interested in doing your drawings, drop me a PM and let me know what you are looking for and we can take it from there.

thanks,
marc

Ok I am going to put my art work back up in the forum

My fiance' is a portrait/illustration artist.She does have quite a bit of experience along with professional exp. What type of drawings are you looking for(i.e.pencil,color,etc....)? Line drawing would=$20 depending on it's extensiveness.
Let us know if you're interested, she is.

David Long

Ok… at the risk of being the devil's advocate here, you are asking for exclusive rights to someone's artwork and offering to accept only the cheapest quote…
Is that not exploiting unknown artists who want to get their work out and about?
Whilst I understand that you do not want to see your chosen images plastered across a whole host of rival t-shirts and goodies, the rights do usually remain with the creator of the work, and to get an artist to give these up, usually requires a fair price. Or at the very least, there should be a limited license to the rights (ie for a set period of time or for distribution only within a limited area).
How about a profit share system? That would be a little fairer on the artist, and mean that you don't have any massive set up costs. Just an idea…

divebunnie:
Ok… at the risk of being the devil's advocate here, you are asking for exclusive rights to someone's artwork and offering to accept only the cheapest quote…
Is that not exploiting unknown artists who want to get their work out and about?
Whilst I understand that you do not want to see your chosen images plastered across a whole host of rival t-shirts and goodies, the rights do usually remain with the creator of the work, and to get an artist to give these up, usually requires a fair price. Or at the very least, there should be a limited license to the rights (ie for a set period of time or for distribution only within a limited area).
How about a profit share system? That would be a little fairer on the artist, and mean that you don't have any massive set up costs. Just an idea…

Exactly why I said what I did. And besides, I've got my own line of scuba t-shirts.

I'll do them for as little as $1 each, but you get what you pay for. Is it okay if they're on bar napkins?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom