Looking for Aqualung regulator servicing tools

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigRed96

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello All, I have decided to start servicing my own regulators both first and second stages. This is not a task to be taken lightly so I am trying to gather all the proper tooling to ensure success. I have downloaded and printed the service manuals for both the Titan as well as the Glacia series second stages and the Titan first stage. I have read these manuals and I am confident I can safely rebuild and service these regulators. The issue I am having now is trying to come up with the correct tools for the job. I have the Aqualung part numbers for the tools I plan on purchasing but cannot find Aqualung tools anywhere online using the numbers. I have visited Scuba Tools and Scuba Clinic Tools websites and was hoping for a cross reference number but am having no luck. Does anyone know where I might be able to cross reference or just buy the tools from Aqualung? Thanks Timmy

Welcome to the Board. My suggestion would be work via the tool name not the part number. Often the mfg sell the tools made by ScubaTools thus have their own mfg part number.

For instance: Spring Retainer Socket, Aqua Lung is for the Titan reg.

As for buying them from Aqualung, you will need to find a dealer. They may not be able to that depending their dealer agreement.

The only special tool you really need for a Titan first ( I assume you mean the older versions) is the crown block assembly tool. 1110-00. All the rest are either common tools or at least common scuba tools like an IP gauge. The HP orifice extraction/installation tool can be made out of a thin wood dowel and a small finishing nail or just a small brass or steel rod to push it out and a plastic or wood rod to re insert it. There are a few nice to have tools like the one to hold the body in a vise and an inline adjusting tool for the second stage but both are not necessary. I make a version of the crown block insertion tool ( HP assembly tool) plus a few other nice to have tools. Drop me an email at customscubatools@hotmail.com and I will send you a PDF catalog of what I make.

You won't be able to buy the tools unless if you want to start working part time at your LDS that is an aqualung dealer and they get you registered with aqualung. Scubatools will have everything you need though.

Looks like me too :)
MK-5/10

Interestingly the conshelf/titan HP tool is one of the few AL tools not offered by SCT, fortunately Herman makes a very good one.

To the OP, welcome to the board.

Ditto.

I can highly recommend the tools I've received from Herman. Additionally, his advice is always spot on. You would be well served to read his post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom