Looking for an instructor for a Dolphin SCR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubanimal

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello all,
I have been reading the threads here and have decided to join in the fun. After reading through and reviewing my limitations, I am going to start with a dolphin. Since the vast majority of my diving is less than 100' that seems to work, and my prime interest is photography.

I am in San Diego, but frequent Catalina during the summer. Can any of you recommend a top notch instructor? I am looking for more than just the C-card, I would really like to get a solid education on the unit, pros & cons as well.

Thank you!

I'm not sure if Charlie trains on the Dolphin, but he is a very experienced instructor and very nice guy. Unless you already have a Nitrox certification you'll need that course, too. At ANDI you'll get excellent training for that, which allows you to use two Nitrox mixes to 50% and teaches proper use of a pony tank, a skill that is handy to have for any RB.

I posted Charlie's contact info .

scubanimal:
Hello all,
I have been reading the threads here and have decided to join in the fun. After reading through and reviewing my limitations, I am going to start with a dolphin. Since the vast majority of my diving is less than 100' that seems to work, and my prime interest is photography.

I am in San Diego, but frequent Catalina during the summer. Can any of you recommend a top notch instructor? I am looking for more than just the C-card, I would really like to get a solid education on the unit, pros & cons as well.

Thank you!

I would recommend going to the IANTD website (www.iantd.com) where you can search for instructors in your area.

Scubanimal
Caveseeker7 had beet me to it. I would highly recommend Charlie Johnson. I have done rebreather training with Charlie in the past and would say that he is a top notch Instructor. ANDI does have some excellent manuals and the Drager manual has just been updated. You can reach Charlie at cjohnson@1stpage.com

andibk

debersole:
I would recommend going to the IANTD website (www.iantd.com) where you can search for instructors in your area.

Back
Top Bottom