Looking for advice on Diving in Greece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alam555

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,
I am a new member from USA. I am leaving for Greece and Turkey in two weeks and would like to dive in Crete and Santorini. I have a couple of questions about crete:
What is the better place to dive in Crete: Heraklion or Chania. Which city should I stay near. Second question: can you recommend a good dive shop, preferrably one associated with a hotel.

thank you

alam555

Hello Alam555,

welcome to ScubaBoard.

Have a look at this forum: Europe. It may give you the info you need.

Howdy!

And welcome to SB - the biggest, the best, the fastest growing, and :D the friendliest!

El Orans gave you the best lead already. Go to the Europe forum. Or use the Search feature above on your chosen sites in particular.

Completing your Profile and seperately - keeping your Dive Info up to date helps in future diving discussions. You can use the Quick Links menu above for this. PM me if I can help you learn your way around.

don :sgrin:

:mostlysun Hello there alam555, my name is Matt and I wanted to welcome you to the family. I think it’s the best board on the internet for divers. The people on here make it a really friendly place. It’s a great place to see what’s going on with divers. I just wanted to help make new members feel welcome. Take care. :butnhome:

Moved from the Intro & Greets forum.

Hello there!

My name is Stathis and i live in Athens but i come from Chania, Crete... Well my friend , i can tell u that both places have very good but different sites (i preffer Chania) but Heraklio is a bigger city and is a little better organized with more dive centers... U can visit my webpage www.geocities.com/divebuddy81 and go to the links page and view some dive centers.... i am here if u need anything!

Hello Dive friend,

Coming to Crete, well you are welcome in our divecenter.
Dont even think about Chania or Heraklion, the north of Crete is too touristic, long sandy beaches, no underwater life, many days with waves and strong currencies.
The best diving in Crete is on the remote south coast.
visit our web site and see what Crete has to offer. :wink:
www.kalypsodivingcenter.com
open all year

alam555:
Hi,
I am a new member from USA. I am leaving for Greece and Turkey in two weeks and would like to dive in Crete and Santorini. I have a couple of questions about crete:
What is the better place to dive in Crete: Heraklion or Chania. Which city should I stay near. Second question: can you recommend a good dive shop, preferrably one associated with a hotel.

thank you

alam555

hi my friend,
Welcome to the club.I dont know about creta but about santorini...visite
www.santorinidiving.com
The mediterranean dive club in perissa is the best. and they have a free pick up all around island.
The e-mail is mdc@otenet.gr
you can ask more info
have fun
olga

Back
Top Bottom