Looking for a whale close encounter video I think was posted here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uwex

Registered
Reaction score
I remember a video of two scuba divers in low visibility water, at the sea-floor, then suddenly a whale appears out of the dark, swimming close by one diver, looking at him, then disappearing in the dark again. And you can hear and see the two divers being very excited. As I would be.

Have tried searching for it, here and Google, but can't seem to find the right keywords.

Hope anyone here might know of this video and a link to it? (and sorry if this is too off-topic for this forum)

Thanks, these are both great, bet it would be absolutely amazing being there!

But the one I was looking for has a whale coming like a torpedo surprise out of the dark water, right at the one diver, passing really really close, and disappearing. A quite short clip, not as serene, but. amazing

(Maybe this ends up being a great collection of scuba whale encounters :)

Edit: This was the one I was thinking about yes, thanks! Below I have posted a longer version with more of the reaction of the divers after.

Oh, think this one might be even more scary than the one I was thinking of.

Just realized that runsongas indeed had the right one above here, it started playing into the clip so I missed the opening I was looking for. Also, seem to remember there was more footage of the divers before it appeared. But here is a longer clip that also capture more of the great diver reaction after (sound on) :)

Back
Top Bottom