Looking for a web hosting site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaMarc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I want to web hosting site for my pictures, movies and some other items. does anyone have a good cheap reliable hosting site recommendations?

Not sure about movies and other items, but I've recently switched to Flickr.com (now a Yahoo company). A normal Yahoo account will give you a free account there, but you'll be limited to 100MB per month. I just upgraded to the 'pro' account for $24.99 per year which give you unlimited uploads, storage, etc. Not bad for photos.

I know others using photobucket, pbase, imageshack, photobox, zenfolio, and photoshelter.

32.gif

For hosting only photos I think Flickr is a good choice.

For hosting a website with varied content or just photos PowWeb is a good choice and is reasonably priced. I have my website with them for several years with no problems. Many web hosting providers come and go like the weather.

If you decide on a web hosting company I strongly suggest you do not register your domain name with them along with your web site. Keep your domain name registered independently where you have control over it. I register my domain names with directnic.com. They are priced reasonably and have a very simple interface.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom