Looking for a vacation location

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tom.b654

New
Reaction score
Hello

I am planning a week long vacation with a friend of mine in may/june. We plan to do some hiking but would also like to go snorkeling (not diving). I am however new to snorkeling, I only did a bit of this last year in Sardinia.

Now we are looking for a good location. I've been reading things about south of portugal/greece/croatia but it's hard to pick one :) .

First question: should we be worried about the watertemperatures while snorkeling in june?

Any locations you've been to that spring to mind? Like I said the vacation will be a mix of snorkeling, hiking and maybe some fishing. Please share any tips on locations that you have!

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

Tom

right up your street Malta :) ticks all of the above and water is warming up nicely in June :)

Where are you from? Connections from your place could be difficulet but Corsica, Greece, Madeira or tenriffe would be OK. If you are more interested in snrkeling in warm waters and REALLY look at great colorful fishes, you should go to egypt on the red sea.

I think OP has been and back by now you two.

Thank you ChillyinCanada, did not see the date. You are right. I was fooled by the lack of answers to this question :(

1. I'll bet the original posters were disappointed too. Unfortunately, at the time they asked there probably wasn't anyone around who knew anything about Sardinia.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom