Looking for a turn key membrane nitrox system for under 10k

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve Roquemore

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Live in Port St Lucie Florida and the shops around be suck at filling nitrox and seriously considering installing a home system. We spend about 2700 year on nitrox now so i would like to keep the cost below 10k if possible. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Let me know if you find one.

I bought one in 1998 for $11,000. I do t think the price has gone down much.

Let me know if you find one.

I bought one in 1998 for $11,000. I do t think the price has gone down much.

Who makes complete turnkey systems in the US (LP, HP and membrane in turnkey one complete package) besides Nuvair? Also, who makes any type of membrane systems in the US even if not full systems?

Who makes complete turnkey systems in the US (LP, HP and membrane in turnkey one complete package) besides Nuvair? Also, who makes any type of membrane systems in the US even if not full systems?
I am personally not a nuvair fan. I had 2 nitrox technologies systems, and I have a UBS now.

I am personally not a nuvair fan. I had 2 nitrox technologies systems, and I have a UBS now.

For the "Nitrox Technologies Systems," do you have a website for them? I can't find it on google.

For UBS, is this what you are referring to: http://www.dnax.com/

What bothers you about nuvair?

For the "Nitrox Technologies Systems," do you have a website for them? I can't find it on google.

For UBS, is this what you are referring to: http://www.dnax.com/

What bothers you about nuvair?
For warranty service (at least for the ones the National Park Service bought, at least the one in Miami) it had to be shipped back to California. Their customer service seems lacking.

yes, that is UBS. I didn’t even know they were still in business.

for Nitrox Technologies, I can give you Bob Olsen’s phone number, but he only does very high end installations. You’d pay over $50k for a turn key system, and they mostly go on yachts (if you have a yacht, $50k is nothing). They are Cadillac systems. I bought the first 3 he built, so it was long before he got tired of dealing with divers and sold to yachts.

For warranty service (at least for the ones the National Park Service bought, at least the one in Miami) it had to be shipped back to California. Their customer service seems lacking.
Do you have any complaints about their quality, features or anything else?

If and when I buy from them, I don't think that I'll be shipping back to them for any issues :)

yes, that is UBS. I didn’t even know they were still in business.

They may not be in business since the link doesn't work anymore. I have the link bookmarked in browser for many years. I believe this is the guy that was in FL and he was suing lots of people for patent infringement many blue moons ago.

for Nitrox Technologies, I can give you Bob Olsen’s phone number, but he only does very high end installations. You’d pay over $50k for a turn key system, and they mostly go on yachts (if you have a yacht, $50k is nothing). They are Cadillac systems. I bought the first 3 he built, so it was long before he got tired of dealing with divers and sold to yachts.

That's way out of my budget. We are talking land based installation.

Any others?

Do you have any complaints about their quality, features or anything else?

If and when I buy from them, I don't think that I'll be shipping back to them for any issues :)

They may not be in business since the link doesn't work anymore. I have the link bookmarked in browser for many years. I believe this is the guy that was in FL and he was suing lots of people for patent infringement many blue moons ago.

That's way out of my budget. We are talking land based installation.

Any others?
None in the USA.

I think that Nuvair is your only choice for a turn key system.

is your heart set on a membrane? Is your heart set on new?

Please excuse this dumb general question: why membrane and not blending?

One would expect that, whilst membrane is more self contained, blending would be cheaper overall albeit requiring occasional deliveries of large cylinders of oxygen. Using a nitrox stick would result in you emptying the oxygen cylinders prior to returning them.

Obviously if there’s large numbers of cylinders to fill, membrane comes into its own.

Edit: and membrane is the only way if oxygen isn’t readily available.

I think that Nuvair is your only choice for a turn key system.

It appears so now.

is your heart set on a membrane? Is your heart set on new?
For now it is but this isn't an imminent purchase.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom