Looking for a trustworthy forum member to loan my stuff to for free.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fuzzybabybunny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys, I used to be a pretty regular diver here until I started traveling full time and I had to put all my stuff into storage at a friend's place. My friend is demolishing her house and rebuilding, so she needs my stuff out of the way.

Unfortunately I don't have anywhere else to store my stuff and I also don't want to sell it, so in the spirit of sharing my things with the community I wanted to see if anyone here would want to have and use my stuff, on the condition that I can have it back when I get back and find a permanent home (which may not be for many years since I'm currently extremely nomadic).

Ideally I'm looking for a forum member that has a track record here. Someone totally local to the Bay Area.

I've got:

- two steel HP 100 tanks that were bought new, have only been used less than 10 times each, but due to storage are probably out of hydro.
- S/M Whites Fusion Dry Suit with P-Valve
- S/M Whites fleece suit
- pair of M/L turtle fins
- 7mm two-piece freediving suit, great condition
- Misc. weights, belt, ab iron, catch bag, SMB, and probably other stuff that I'm not even thinking of.

Anyway, I'm just putting some feelers out there to see if anyone might be interested. If not I guess I'll just have to sell. I'm happy if you could get some use out of my equipment during the time I'm gone, which could be several years. I'm not too concerned with wear and tear as everything is very durable and repairable as well.

LOL, Well you can throw the ab iron in the trash can.

You can also maybe consider selling the tanks and shipping everything else to your parents. Since it wouldnt be too heavy, probably only 50 to 60 bucks by UPS / Fedex ground.

I’m local in the SF Bay Area (San Francisco and Marin) and could use some HP100s in our dive group if you don’t find anyone else to take it. (There are instructors, DMs, AIs, and DM candidates.)

:)

Hey guys, thanks so much for all the kind offers. I just want to make sure that anyone willing to take my stuff is willing to take everything, not just two tanks, for example. And I unfortunately can't speculate on how many years I'll be gone for, so if storage space for you is of a temporary nature I likely won't be able to fly back just to move my stuff around :(

What city are you in? MV?

anything larger than the two tanks?

can you deliver the stuff?

TBH, if you are going to be gone for years, just sell your stuff.

What city are you in? MV?

anything larger than the two tanks?

can you deliver the stuff?

TBH, if you are going to be gone for years, just sell your stuff.

Yes, Mountain View, and I can deliver. There are two plastic bins of equipment and the two HP100s.

I agree, if you are not sure how long you'll be you probably should look at selling your equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom