Looking for a schematic for a nitrox controller

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhillyDave

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I built an awesome nitrox stick and controlling the oxygen flow manually. Anyone have a schematic on building an electronically controlled system? Any auto dump info for a Mako K14 old model? I'm working my ass off here!

Thanks!

Dave from Scubadelphia

Best of luck. The throttling solenoid valve alone costs waaaay more than $200. The controller is comprised of scientific and industrial quality components, some of which are custom built to my specifications. But I'm flattered that you want to rip of my engineering...

Keep in mind, that after you invest 100's of hours of your time, and buy lots of expensive parts that "almost" work, until you finally manage to put together a system that works well, that $2700 will seem cheap...

I do it for the love, not the money. It's really not worth my time at that price...

It´s like the man that takes his car to the mechanic because it´s making a bothering noise under the engine.
The mechanic asks the man to start the engine to hear the bothering noise.
After a few seconds, the mechanic takes a hammer, goes under the engine and a hard metalic blow is heard.
Try again says the mechanic. The man starts the engine and the bothering noise is gone. The mechanic says now, go for a short ride and come back to be sure that the bothering noise is gone.
The man rides his car and after a few minutes he is back, with a shiny smile and asks : How much for this ?
The mechanic says 100 bucks.
Ehhhh, 100 bucks for a hammer kick ? My son could have given that blow !
Ok, says the mechanic now : $ 1 for the hammer blow and $99 for knowing where and how to hammer.

It´s like the man that takes his car to the mechanic because it´s making a bothering noise under the engine.
The mechanic asks the man to start the engine to hear the bothering noise.
After a few seconds, the mechanic takes a hammer, goes under the engine and a hard metalic blow is heard.
Try again says the mechanic. The man starts the engine and the bothering noise is gone. The mechanic says now, go for a short ride and come back to be sure that the bothering noise is gone.
The man rides his car and after a few minutes he is back, with a shiny smile and asks : How much for this ?
The mechanic says 100 bucks.
Ehhhh, 100 bucks for a hammer kick ? My son could have given that blow !
Ok, says the mechanic now : $ 1 for the hammer blow and $99 for knowing where and how to hammer.

At least someone sees it that way!!! As an auto shop owner, i get people wondering all the time why certain things are so expensive. For a manufactured product, a lit of the cost is the engineering and part sourcing that makes up the coat, not the parts themselves.
This is why things get patents. Easy enough to clone something, even if you dont REALLY know how it works. :)

Except when someone asks how to fix a car, do you offer advice or just walk away? If you are not willing to help the DIY person, just leave them be. As a Master Auto Tech, I have offered a lot of free advice up, especially on forums. If I don't want to then I keep my mouth shut. Over the years I have had tons of great advice given to me for free, while working on DIY projects. I could have bought Rubber Ducks mixing stick etc, but found a much cheaper DIY version for 1/20th the cost. Having a product for sale is fine, but don't expect everyone to buy it. Some may even want to build it themselves.

Sorry to the OP I can't help with a schematic nor a parts list. I find going out in the garage every half hour and making a teeny tiny adjustment is not a big deal. I can consistently keep my mix + or - .5% of 32%.

you're link didn't work

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom