Looking for a Polartec suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

girlgonediving

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an old polartec suit and I love it. It is great for diving in the fall when the water is just starting to get a little nippy! It's old and I need a new one but I can't seam to find any one line. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

If your talking about the Whites Polartec I dont think they make them anymore. I have one I bought back in 99 but the seams started leaking and after trying to patch it with aquaseal I gave up and bought a Dive Rite 905. I like it better and can use it in warmer water because I can use different undergarments.

I have an old polartec suit and I love it. It is great for diving in the fall when the water is just starting to get a little nippy! It's old and I need a new one but I can't seam to find any one line. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hey I don't know if this will help but you may want to check out this website:

Welcome to Terrapin Wet Suits

I asked an unrelated question from someone on SB and was pointed to this site. I noticed that they use Polartec material for their wetsuits. It may be worth a try.

Hey I don't know if this will help but you may want to check out this website:

Welcome to Terrapin Wet Suits

I asked an unrelated question from someone on SB and was pointed to this site. I noticed that they use Polartec material for their wetsuits. It may be worth a try.

Their suits are a little loud and I can't imagine they would be durable with all those seams. I will call them though and see if they have more simple designs. Thanks!

Thanks countdowntodiving for pointing that out! I didn't know that Wetwear sold polartec suits. I called them and they are making all black polartec full suits. I ordered one and will have it in a week. It's a perfect suit for this time of the year!

You have about 20 post on the SB. 18 of these posts are about Wetwear, This leads most to beleive that girlgonediving is Wetwear and Wetwear is girlgonediving??????? Just an obseravtion. One of your posts was under a subject line asking about polertec suits. You report on a "patch kit" that Wetwear will send out.

You have about 20 post on the SB. 18 of these posts are about Wetwear, This leads most to beleive that girlgonediving is Wetwear and Wetwear is girlgonediving??????? Just an obseravtion. One of your posts was under a subject line asking about polertec suits. You report on a "patch kit" that Wetwear will send out.

I'm so sorry you feel this way....and I'm not sure why you are attacking me! I post about my wetsuits and Wetwear because of all the gear I own, my wetsuit is one thing I know a lot about. I spent a long time researching wetsuits because I couldn't keep warm. When I discovered Wetwear I spent a lot of time learning about the different types of neoprene and how wetsuits are constructed. No one has ever explained their product to me in the way Wetwear did. I feel that I know a lot about wetsuits now and enjoy sharing my experiences with fellow divers. If I felt I knew a lot about regulators or BC's ......I would write about those as well.

As for my previous post on what you said was a "patch kit"....get your facts straight! If you read it correctly it was about an allergy test kit for neoprene, and testing to see if you wear a lycra skin underneath it would prevent an allergic reaction. It had nothing to do with a patch kit or polartec suits!

I have checked your previous posts and it seems you have nothing better to do with your time but to badger people. I have not read one helpful post from you. All of your posts have been giving people a hard time for writing about a product they like!

I do not put my comments on this board to be attacked or accused by people like you! I would appreciate it if you would stay off any of my posts and leave my replies alone!!!

Like I said, " this is only an observation." Don't get your wetsuit all in a knot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, how do you explain how you share the same ISP address with another well known member of this board.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom