Looking for a place to get an Inon D180 strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KidK9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking for a place to buy an Inon D180. I know they recently were discontinued, and I already have one of these, so I was considering adding another. Thanks.

Dee:
Ryan at Reef Photo and Video in the US or Yuzo at UWDigitalCamera in Japan are my choices.

Ditto on Ryan, I am a loyal customer due to his kowledge, support and service.

What camera /housing are you using? You may want to consider the new D2000 if using a FO cord.

Dave

I am using a C5050 Olympus with the PT015 housing. I already have one D180 so was considering another just for consistency. What does the D2000 offer over the D180?

The Inon d2000 has S-TTL, which causes the external flash to precisely mimic the internal flash and offer automated exposure. It is made for cameras that utilize Fiber Optic cords (like the 5050 in a PT housing). If had your setup....it would be my choice. Give Ryan (or someone else who sells both strobes) an e-mail and get the pros & cons of each.

HTH,
Dave

It think getting a D2000 will not really make your system inconsistent. The D2000 has the same specs as the D180 except for an additional mode (S-TTL). Gives u the flexibility if you want it. And it costs about the same! U can use the D2000 as the primary light source and your existing D180 to reduce shadows. That is at least what I plan to do when I save enough to do it. :D

Back
Top Bottom