Looking for a new drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opie712

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm starting to look for a new suit, I currently have a whites fusion. I've realize this suit is not going to keep up with me, it has the sport skin. I'm getting into cave diving and the suit just isnt tough enough and I don't want to invewt the money in it to buy the bulley skin, since it has the sitech neck ring and the way it zips it r ubs my collar bone pretty hard where I've broke it.

That's my history as the fusion was my first suit as served me well I'm looking into other suit that's has a diagonal zip and tougher material I've narrowed my search some looking for user reviews or other insightful help. The list is in no order.

Santi Elite
Rofos RS450 cave
Ursuit kelvar breathable
DUI flx extreme

I know the santi get good reviews and don't mind paying thw price, but if I can get something as good for a better price I'm up for that also. The rofos looks like a really nice suit and I know UTD is rebranding them, but ive not seem anywhere whre they offer custom cut. The Ursuit was recommeded by a few divers from DRIS. Last but not least the DUI everyone knows them and I also know the are prone to leaking. I was really interested in them being dui is made here in USA so any problems seems like it would be easier to fix rather than shipping overseas. I was going to go to the dog days and try one out but since they stopped those, that shot that in the foot.

My biggest problem is where I live I don't got access to see the suits in person or do a demo dive so, I was wanting to get some reviews here then try to narrow down my decision and head up to DRIS ,to check the suits out some of them awesome employees offered to let me test dive thier suits. Thanks for any adivse

Um....what size is your fusion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pinnacle black ice from Edd at Cave Adventurers if you don't want to deal with undergarments and you don't plan to fly with it. Keep the fusion for travel. I dive the Rofos and love it, the USIA Techniflex is a great suit, but also a great bargain. Call Mike at Dive Right in Scuba as he'll have the best deals on them.

The suits you list are pretty solid so it's just a matter of finding the one that works. I've heard great things about the breathable Rofos suits but I've yet to get any hands on. I believe custom is an option from UTD, best call/email to find out for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My fusion is a l/xl and its a little long in both arm abd legs I can wear my wifes s/m with thin undergarments.

DUI FLX Extreme might be more robust-ness than needed for caves; great suit for wrecks, but a TLS-350 is pretty much all you need for caves. Hell, mine has survived a decade of wrecks too, and I'm far from gentle with it.

I might in the future get into wreck diving so I would like to get a suit that cab do it all

I just recently got a USIA Techniflex. It is a tough suit and feels good while underwater. Easy to get into and out of. You can also get it with Boggs boots if the stock boots are too thin.

The USIA suit I've seen look like you could fit a sumo wrestler in them. Thanks for the suggestions but not interested in USIA or neoprene suit nothing about those trick my trigger. I seen a youtube video of the fourth element argonaut, what is the difference in that suit and the Ursuit breathable Kevlar

Nevermind just found out ursuit builds the fourth element suit.... leaning really hard at the ursuit

My DUI CF type (crushed neoprene) is tougher than Chuck Norris.

25 years and still no leaks, despite multiple shore entries over barnacles, pouring concrete in it, teaching classes on rocky bottoms, Etc Etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom