Looking for a NAUI course...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darkus

New
Reaction score
... in Tampa, wondered if anybody here has done so, and if so, where? I was looking at Bill Jackson's in Pinellas, but would like to know what your experience has been...

Pretty please?:D

If you don't mind going outside of Tampa (you could make a mini-vacation out of it) I have a friend that is a NAUI instructor in Miami. www.runawaylobster.com.

I'm kinda stuck in Tampa for the forseeable future. I'm the only systems support guy for a company that has major financial firms for clients. IOW, what's this "vacation" thing you speak of? :jester:

I guess what I'm trying to find is anybody that's used Bill Jackson's to get thier cert, how was the instructor, and how tough was it.

I'm REALLY trying to avoid a flame war between the NAUI vs. PADI types. I've settled on NAUI for my own reasons, now just looking to get certed.

An easy way to find out if that op is the instructor for you is to ask is you can observe a pool class...just tell him you are thinking about scuba and would like to watch a class first.

During an actual classroom situation you will be able to observe the instructor interact with the students firsthand.

If you have trouble finding a NAUI instructor in your area I know of one that is good in the Ocala area (2 hr drive) and you will do open water dives in the springs, spring fed river and West Palm.

I am sure that there must be someone good in Tampa...surely...

Back
Top Bottom