Looking for a manual for INON z220s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I downloaded mine from INON America when I bought mine, but I guess that is no longer an option. I will look when I get home tonight.
2 questions for you:

1. do u have the manual?
2. Do you know if I need to plug up the 2 magnet switches(screw holes) prior to using it under water? I do think they are wet swtches, but want to make sure.

The magnetic switch is not a hole into the interior of the flash. For preflash operation you install the magnet and then to hold the magnet in place you install the small hex screw. For cameras that are not using a preflash then the magnet is removed and the little hex screw is installed to prevent it's loss. There is no O ring, the hole does not lead into the strobe, it will not leak with or without the screw in place.

Now, I think that the Z220 also has a wired link for wired TTL mode, this I cannot answer, I suspect it to is waterproof but I suspect it is supposed to have the cap in place.

Warning---do not attempt to install or remove the magnet with the strobe powered up--this can damage the internal reed switch requiring a costly repair.

The Z220 is a cross between the D2000 and Z240. The Z240 uses a rotary switch instead of the magnet, the D2000 still retains the magnet reed switch. The Z240 and Z220 have wired TTL and the D2000 does not, is optical only--therefore you should be able to read the manuals for the Z240 and D2000 and figure most of it out.

N

The magnetic switch is not a hole into the interior of the flash. For preflash operation you install the magnet and then to hold the magnet in place you install the small hex screw. For cameras that are not using a preflash then the magnet is removed and the little hex screw is installed to prevent it's loss. There is no O ring, the hole does not lead into the strobe, it will not leak with or without the screw in place.

Now, I think that the Z220 also has a wired link for wired TTL mode, this I cannot answer, I suspect it to is waterproof but I suspect it is supposed to have the cap in place.

Warning---do not attempt to install or remove the magnet with the strobe powered up--this can damage the internal reed switch requiring a costly repair.

The Z220 is a cross between the D2000 and Z240. The Z240 uses a rotary switch instead of the magnet, the D2000 still retains the magnet reed switch. The Z240 and Z220 have wired TTL and the D2000 does not, is optical only--therefore you should be able to read the manuals for the Z240 and D2000 and figure most of it out.

N

Thanks, I have another question, the old owner installed a" Inon Focus Light Controller" connected to the ttl port of the strobe connected to an "Inon Optical D Cable/Cap" which sensors the camera flash. Why the light controller. There is already a built in controller on the strobe. Why use the ttl port? What is the difference?

Attachments

• inon_flc.jpg
    inon_flc.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 34
  • pict1.jpg
    pict1.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 40

Back
Top Bottom