Looking for a host for a scuba-diving, Ukrainian teen in the Hampton Roads area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
Good evening!

I hope this is okay to post here...

As the new Hampton Roads Community Manager of Foreign Links Around the Globe, I am reaching out to members of the community to help locate culturally open-minded families who might consider becoming hosts for a youth from another country.

To that end, I am hoping that you might be able to assist me. Currently, we are in the placement season for the coming school year, 2014-15. One of the young men who is hoping to come to our country enjoys scuba diving. Twice a year, he and his father, who is a diving instructor in Ukraine, go to Egypt and dive in the Red Sea.

In addition to diving, he enjoys judo, music and spending time with friends. Andriy, and others like him, have participated in a very competitive process to earn a Department of State scholarship that will allow them to come to the United States for one academic year. In addition to Ukraine, we have students from nearly every continent and can surely find one with interests to match almost any family!

If you know of anyone who might consider opening their heart and home to this young man, or any of my other students, I would greatly appreciate it if you would share my contact information with them and ask that they contact me as soon as possible. Some public school systems have deadlines that are approaching rather quickly. Also, the earlier interest is expressed, the more students there are to choose from, meaning the more likely it is to find one who will best fit the family!

I truly appreciate your assistance and want you to know that I do offer a finder's fee, based upon the program of the student, to anyone who helps me with placing any of my students. I hope we will have the opportunity to work together and to meet in person. I am available to answer any questions you might have. So, feel free to contact me at any time.

With warm regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom