Looking for a "hail Mary" . . . any news on the hockey fins, Bob?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pnd

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi, Bob! I'm not sure whether you check the SB or the Forcefin email site more often these days. Your friends in Sarasota are holding their breath, waiting for hockey fins and turning blue. Any updates?
:)

Hi, Bob! I'm not sure whether you check the SB or the Forcefin email site more often these days. Your friends in Sarasota are holding their breath, waiting for hockey fins and turning blue. Any updates?
:)
The hockey fins have been up for sales, but not one order this year. Anyway I am not putting any more energy into Force Fins, kind of winding down slowly. Personally making fins was a waste of my time.

Hey, all.
If you are interested in the hockey fin, call Bob to ask about availability instead of looking for it on the FF site. He's just crazy busy with a lot on his plate. Use the customer service number on the site.

The hockey fins have been up for sales, but not one order this year. Anyway I am not putting any more energy into Force Fins, kind of winding down slowly. Personally making fins was a waste of my time.
Bob,
I love my Pros and have been hoping for the hockeys for more technical kicks. Had not known they were available as they are not on the site:(. Is calling the shop really the way to order some? I don't want to take you away from bigger projects for order handling. Likely large in a hard to lose color? Are they in the Excellerating price range or in the Flying price range? Any thought of a page with info (material, sizes, length, price, color) and a call the shop to order number?

Last edited:
The specs on the Hockey fins are the same as the originals as far as length, weight, etc., the major difference is the material. The production facility could not use the original material because it was developed for “small batch, hand pouring”, not automated, continuous equipment.

I think all the fins except the originals, Pros and float tube are made in the purple material - slightly stiffer than Pros.

Just call and order, Bob could actually use a little distraction!

The specs on the Hockey fins are the same as the originals as far as length, weight, etc., the major difference is the material.
Thanks. Do they go smaller that XXL? My Pros are M/L with a 5mm rubber soled bootie. 8.5 mens shoe. I've got the felt insoles for barefoot in the pool. Just wondering how many layers of insole before the fins suffer.

Last edited:
I honestly do not know the sizing. I have a pair (actually. 2) of the originals. One is one of the first 3 experimental sets - they were done in 3 different stiffnesses - I got the middle set.

After that, Bob made me a pair in yellow making them a little thinner and softer. All have been XXL which I wear with a 10 1/2 half boot with a thin sole and a comfort insert.or a high top thick soled boot.

All I know is the undertaker will have to pry these off my feet to get the coffin to close.

Bob.. waste of time? Hahaha... I understand your grief.. I constantly get people telling me to change to a better preforming fin... blah blah blah. I got marked down from my instructors because of my finning technique, but I don't Giv.A.Sh.

here I am in one of the original hockey pair Bob made.. I'm the guy in front with the blue fins. I was just kicking along, but afterwards people in the group were pissed as they thought I was racing. I will say that the only problem I have in FF (accelerator & hockey) is that I constantly make corrections to balance myself and in FF you'll find yourself moving forward very easily while jets/plank fins would provide no propulsion with the same moves.

Here is another video of me dropping the hockeys on the floor. The original material Bob used rebounds similar to the stuff used in superballs. You can clearly see they bounce off the ground when I drop them.

If you live in a cave the hockeys are great, in open water the accelerators are great. There is nothing like monkey diving with accelerators. I love FF glad you are making them again as I dont have a pair of extra force yet.

Nice...Thanks. Your moving along while the other divers are kicking kind of weird, notice how their foot is 180 to the forward movement, with the fin blade bending right at the end of your foot. Hockey fins, I heard many good reasons not to put into production again from Susanne. She runs Force fin with Robert Flores and I sleep till the phone wakes me up...What can I say..go back to sleep Bob..P.S. while sleeping I am thinking of new ideas...not any more Force fin designs..enought is enought. Several other great fin designs in boxes for production like the Hockey fin. Will be visitng production plant in Penn and we will ask..Thanks for the support.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom