Looking for a good scooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw:
We have a Sea Doo and a Mako at the shop. The Mako is great and is the one I choose over the Sea Doo anyday. I think the Mako is smoother for riding, quieter, and definitely faster. One of our instructors just purchased a Sea Doo Explorer and found that one to be quieter and easier to use than the original Sea Doo.

Not having rode a newer Doo... in a side by side comparison does the newest Doo (Explorer) match up with the Mako in any capacity?

BTW...like your Gray Parrot Avatar! Those guys are way too smart!

Update: Found and bid on a Torpedo 2500 on ebay. Won the bid for $350. Still waiting on a shipping quote from the seller, but I think I should have my hands on a nice DPV here in a couple of weeks :)

bdshort:
Update: Found and bid on a Torpedo 2500 on ebay. Won the bid for $350.

You "won" a Torpedo? My condolences.

Still waiting on a shipping quote from the seller, but I think I should have my hands on a nice DPV here in a couple of weeks :)

Why? Did you order an X or SS at the same time?

What's wrong with the torpedo? I didn't want to spend much on a DPV, it's just for rec use, nothing heavy duty. I didn't want to spend $3000 or even $1000 on one.

Brian

im sorry... had to post when i read the thread... check out my sig!

i will be dpv'ing soon myself!

im with you bd.... why spend so much when less can still do a very good job

enjoy and cheers

bdshort:
What's wrong with the torpedo? I didn't want to spend much on a DPV, it's just for rec use, nothing heavy duty. I didn't want to spend $3000 or even $1000 on one.

Brian

What's wrong with it? How about the fact that one can pretty much swim as fast as the Torpedo goes? I was on a trip where a guy showed up with a couple of Torpedoes and I thought they were some kind of homemade joke. I took some video of his students driving them and anybody that sees it is gobsmacked at the pathetic performance.

You get what you pay for. "A" class scooters cost about $3500. Pretty good ones cost about $1000. You paid $350. I guess the good thing is that at $350 you should be able to get your money back when you sell it next year.

almitywife:
im sorry... had to post when i read the thread... check out my sig!

i will be dpv'ing soon myself!

im with you bd.... why spend so much when less can still do a very good job

enjoy and cheers

Because the Torpedo doesn't do a very good job. It does a crappy job.

Well, at least you're blunt about it!

Any idea how it will compare to the SeaDoo types? At $850 new you would think it could do a decent job. I guess I shall see when I get it.

bdshort:
Well, at least you're blunt about it!

Any idea how it will compare to the SeaDoo types? At $850 new you would think it could do a decent job. I guess I shall see when I get it.

I have never seen the Seadoo in the water. I'm pretty sure it's an overpriced crapwagon but since I have no direct experience with it I'll pass on commenting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom