Looking for a good dive light that can be used on land

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIHappyDiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Like it says. I need a new flashlight for limited use around the house. Mainly looking out for coyotes when taking the dog out at night. Figured I might as well see if there is a good multi tasking light I could check into. Thanks in advance,

Erik

I am not sure if there is one suited for both. The newer dive lights have high drive halogen bulbs that get quite hot on land. The water dissipates the heat quite a bit, so I think you would risk burning out the driver using the dive light out of water for extended run times.

@aviator8 that was what I was thinking but thought it was worth a shot. Thanks for the quick response.

From the BigBlue FAQs:
upload_2019-6-22_19-16-34.png

I just bought a Kraken NR-1200 for this purpose. It's possible that it could overheat if you use it for a while on high out of water. I just step it down to the 50% setting and so far it's worked fine. I like it underwater too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom