Looking for a good company in Koh Tao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

benwoodss

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hi i was wanting to do a full diving course from open water diver to an instructor in thailand(possibly koh tao) and was looking for a package deal which includes accommodation, equipment and all the necessary books and fees...do you know of a good company that will do a package deal???

there are a number of good IDC centers and Course Directors on Koh Tao. But you have a more immediate problem. If you are wishing to become a PADI OWSI, then there is a 6 month wait from the time you certify as an Open Water Diver to the time you are allowed to participate in the IE Instructor Examination.

i would suggest that you take an OWD class and get certified, then get some diving experience, and look into obtaining a complete kit of gear (pro quality) before you settle on where you'd like to do your professional level programs.

where you choose to do your professional level programs should be driven by some factors like where you'd like to work.

Cheers,

Ken

Get "wet" before picking a place to do your IDC. It would be better IMO, to travel to Thailand on holiday. Depending on time of year pick your dive destination and then get a feel for things. I don't want to discourage you, but being an instructor is very demanding on many levels. You may find it is not what you are looking for so prior experience is essential for skill development and also to help guide you before investing a large sum of money.

Unfortunately you don't have the required knowledge to make that decision since you're not a diver yet. It's like me saying i want to go from walking over a hill to rock climbing instructor.

I would recommend you do your open water course, check out the scene and move if you don't like it. You could very easily loose a lot of money and get nothing.

The IDC Centres on Koh Tao are ( Asia Divers, Bans, Buddha View, Crystal ) .. There are more but these are the most experienced and reputable. However they might not be the best place for divemaster courses or open water etc etc so really you need to come and try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom