Looking for a gear clip and if they still make it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gqllc007

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Clip.jpg
I use to 15-20 years ago have a "clip" that went on this holder that clipped on to the BC and it had the small clip to the dring and then short strap with a round black either plastic or metal ring and you would attach the plastic male clip to your octo or computer/ accessories into this round clip....it was a quick clip design It held really well but when you needed the accessory you just tugged on it and it would snap free....Anyone remeber these? Can you still get them?? This male end would go inside the round clip that was attached to the BCD

I found a picture of the female part if this helps Its the yellow piece attached to the BCD with the round black ring
Clip2.jpg

I will check some out...I posted a picture of the male and female connector that I am looking for

Yeah, still made (or something similar). Check LeisurePro, Dive Right In Scuba, etc.

And Piranha (linked above) - Randy is a great source for stuff!

You may need to buy both ends as the squeeze clips/buckles are not universal....

Yeah, still made (or something similar). Check LeisurePro, Dive Right In Scuba, etc.

And Piranha (linked above) - Randy is a great source for stuff!

You may need to buy both ends as the squeeze clips/buckles are not universal....
I have tried all those places...Amazon...google....ebay....just hoping someone might have a link for me! It came as a male and female set.

They’re generically known as FASTEX buckles. That appears to be a 1”. They’re sold in pairs, or in bulk by male/female choice. I think there’s also a 7/8” and some minis like 1/2”.

They’re to be found at real-deal full service military surplus stores, right next to the 550 cord and tubular nylon sling. Www.paracordplanet.com

They aren’t rare.

They’re generically known as FASTEX buckles. That appears to be a 1”. They’re sold in pairs, or in bulk by male/female choice. I think there’s also a 7/8” and some minis like 1/2”.

They’re to be found at real-deal full service military surplus stores, right next to the 550 cord and tubular nylon sking. Www.paracordplanet.com

They aren’t rare.
I am not concerned about she makes connector. They are everywhere. It’s the yellow female with the black ring I can’t find anywhere

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom