Looking for a dive buddy U853 Sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AfterDark

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
U853 Submarine Wreck Dive 7/8/18 Giant Stride Dive Shop

SPOTS ARE AVAILABLE as of 6/8/18 FIRST COME FIRST SERVE!!! CALL OR STOP IN TO GO! U Boat U853 Submarine Wreck Dive Charter aboard Canned Air Join us as we dive the U853 Nazi submarine, a Type IX-C-40 built in the Deschimag Yard in Germany. We can remain at the U Boat for the second dive or vote on another wreck by those aboard according to conditions. This Charter, Canned Air Charters, and Giant Stride Dive Shop, requires an advanced cert. with some experience diving to depths greater than 100 ft. in New England (or similar) waters. A redundant air source, lift bag or safety sausage, and whistle or horn is required. Pony bottles and regs are available to rent. Cost is $140.00 per diver and only 6 spots are available. Reservations are made by full pre-payment that is non refundable if we can’t sell your seat you forfeit the full payment. If our captain cancels the trip, we issue a full refund. Cancellations by our Captain are made on the day of the charter, one hour before sailing time. We cannot guarantee dive sites, alternate dive site selection does not constitute a cancellation or a refund. Please be at the new slip which is Point View Marina 11 Sherman Rd, Wakefield, RI 02879, to board “Canned Air” 1/2 hour before sailing time, to fill out a waiver, present a certification card and get fully loaded 15 minutes before departure time at 7:00am….be there for at least 6:30am. Our boats sail on time and if you miss the boat it’s your loss. Sign up now as these charters sell out quickly. Your seat is held by full prepayment only.

Anybody up for diving the sub Sunday the 8th of July? I'm calling later today.

Is Wayne's boat back up? I heard he was still dealing with issues with it that forced a few cancelled charters but that was a couple weeks ago.

Is Wayne's boat back up? I heard he was still dealing with issues with it that forced a few cancelled charters but that was a couple weeks ago.

Couldn't tell you. I was at Giant Strides Sat talking with Red, we talked about this trip and he didn't mention any issues.

However turns out I have an ear infection so I wouldn't be going after all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom