Looking at a booster.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opie712

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm starting the process of shopping for a booster. Don't really know much about the market but what I've been looking at is the Haskel mini sport.

What I will be doing is filling al 40s, the occasional al80, and rebreather bottles in the future. At this time it will only be for a dive buddy and myself filling no more than 10 tanks a month on a month that we get to dive a lot.

Will this booster be sufficient for my needs or do I need to look at something different? What is the cost of owning and maintaining a booster, how often will it need to be overhauled?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Will you be filling with air or different gasses?

Then I would just go with a small compressor rated for Nitrox. They start at $2900 and go up from there.

I think I misunderstood your question, I will be using air or 32 to top off fill that are not 100%.

What gas will you be boosting was the question? Air, 32, O2, He? into your potential rebreather bottle, 40 or occasional 80?

opie712, that booster will be fine for 40's. It should be fine for the 80's because you are not going to be filling them often. I have a friend that uses one for rebreathers and he loves it. As for rebuilds, he has had his for I would say about 5 years and it has never been rebuilt. If I had to guess, he has boosted 5,000 cubic feet through it.

opie712, that booster will be fine for 40's. It should be fine for the 80's because you are not going to be filling them often. I have a friend that uses one for rebreathers and he loves it. As for rebuilds, he has had his for I would say about 5 years and it has never been rebuilt. If I had to guess, he has boosted 5,000 cubic feet through it.
Thanks for the info much appreciated

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom