lookin at cancun or pdc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nwarainbw

Registered
Reaction score
either staying at the allegro in pdc or the carribean village cancun. I want to go for diving but other parties are wanting the night life in cancun. How far is the trip from Playa to cancun? If you were to try and get back to Playa late at night possibly a little drunk would it be a hassle? Any advise would be great in trying to decide between these two places. Also looking at Occidental Xcaret but that might be a little to quiet for some tastes.
Thanks
Matt

It has ben a year since the last time I made the trip between playa and cancun, but by bus, I think it is about a 45 minute or one hour trip. The cost of the bus (autobus) is relatively cheap.

You might want to take a look on the internet for bus departure times/schedules if considering a late noght travel itenerary (drunk or sober). The taxi cost would be on the expensive side, maybe $45 USD. I do know that white vans run and pick up passengers on the side of the road for like $2 USD south of playa. But I have not seen them run North of playa, nor do i know how late they might run.

Right now is the slow season (for Cancun and Cozumel). Except for when there are cruise ships in port, the party thing is not all that in either place.

Playa does have some bars, and could be just as fun at night. Staying in Playa could be strategic to allow flexibility to dive cancun some days or cozumel on others. You would be centrally located between Cancun (by bus), Cozumel (by ferry), and the Cenotes to the south of playa (by bus or van).

Hey Matt,
There is nothing wrong with diving in Cancun, they have plenty of fish and some nice wrecks. You can take day trips to Cozumel and the Cenotes quite easily through a Dive shop.

info. I guess when it gets closer to time I will find a dive op that will work with a total newbie air hog....hopefully I can find one that has 100cf tanks for rentals.

Matt

nwarainbw:
info. I guess when it gets closer to time I will find a dive op that will work with a total newbie air hog....hopefully I can find one that has 100cf tanks for rentals.

Matt

If you plan on staying in PDC, I supply 100 cf tanks. Hard to say which is better, it depends on what you like to do beside diving. What about others in the group? I like to stay away from the hussle and bussle of Cancun myself.

If you need help with a hotel choice drop me a line.

Cheers,

Dennis

Back
Top Bottom