Longer term accomodation in Moalboal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AndyMoreno

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I'm looking to rent a room in or around Moalboal for at least a month, probably more, depending on the cost... I'll be arriving 29th of October and would love to know where I'm going to stay before I get there! I do realise that it's the start of high season, which is why I'm starting to look now!

I don't mind sharing and I don't mind living a bit away from the action...

Thanks,
/Andy

Find a dive center to dive out of, then ask them for recomendations for long-term accomodations. Specify whether you want a Hotel room for the term or a Bungalow. If its a Bungalow, you may have to contract for cooking gas, and electricity. Renting a bungalow for long-term IS cheaper than a Hotel room for term.

Ah, well... I won't be diving straight away... I'm going to be soaking up the atmosphere for a few weeks first... =)

either way the best contacts for that kind of thing will be the dive shops, and the Dms/Inst who work there.

Good luck!

I guess that's what I was hoping might happen here... if anyone of you have any advice on which diveshops to contact for this, please fire away.

Many thanks!

bill has a trip report on moalboal. pls look for the thread.

Andy - these kind of places are getting scarcer as Moalbaol goes corporate.

In Panagsama "Beach" there is very little budget available. There is also no beach. And the dive shops make it difficult to access.

Coras - on the waterfront 400 to 600 per nite negotiable (up to 1500)
Cora's Palm Court

Sunshine - advertises 600 peso but will work with you
Sunshine Pension

Eves Kiosk has some budget rooms
Eve's Kiosk

Your better bet is off the beach a short distance to Basdiot.
Talk to Gerry of Fritzgeralds and I think he will set you up with a great place for under 10,000
I don't want to put his phone here but if you send me a message to dutchpickle at hotmail or call me at 09172437703 i can probably get it for you. Outside the country drop the 0 and put 63

ricky

ps I stay in Samar, not Cebu, but know it well.

Mollys past the Abyss has cheap rooms.

Quo Vadis has nipa huts for 500 or less. Both of these places are past the Pacitas Disco towards Love's Lodge.

I talked to Gerry (Fritzgeralds) yesterday and he isn't majking an effort to rent his cottages because he has so many other projects going on, but it might work for you if you are staying a couple of months. Just stop in on the way into town and have a look.

dp

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom