Long hose bolt snap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vioch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Heard about two long hose bolt snap placement options:

1 - as near as possible to the second stage (to reduce risk of entanglement)
2 - on about palm distance from second stage (for having opportunity of rapid switch to the parked on D-ring reg without unclipping it)

So where should long hose bolt snap be?

Last edited:
about 2 fingers width away from the body of the 2nd stage gives your hand some room to work. In reality this is in the last cm of rubber hose before the furrel, which leads to the nut holding the hose onto the 2nd stage. So you might think of this as #1.

Don't let a reg hang low and drag because of the "breath it while clipped off" concept. Just unclip it.

I thought the long hose was supposted to be in your mouth, why does it need a bolt snap?

I thought the long hose was supposted to be in your mouth, why does it need a bolt snap?

For those occasions when it's not in your mouth :wink:

On the surface
When you're on your backup
When you're on your deco/stage
When you're on your snorke^h^h^h^h^h

Thanks, Just courious.

Now for the standard: 1. "that's just a solution looking for a problem", 2. "Your just adding anotther point of failure", 3. "There is not enough redundancy in that configuration to justify it's use".

I didn't know snorkels were DIR approved?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom