Long ago...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sirelroka

Contributor
Reaction score
Quite a while ago I did some searching for help with my long hair whilst diving (especially in salt water) and found some threads with really great suggestions, through which I came up with my save-a-hair diving procedure. I just wanted to thank any and all of you who made suggestions and pointed me in the right direction (whether you know it or not). I just completed an intense weekend of diving and my hair is none the worse for wear. So....

Kudos!

Glad that SB was able to steer you in the right direction, Sirelroka.

Always good to hear a success story when it comes to hair & diving. :wink:

Couldn't agree more!!!

Hello,

I saw your thread about long hair and diving and was wondering where you found the details? I too have that problem :)

Thank you,
Jen

jendive:
Hello,

I saw your thread about long hair and diving and was wondering where you found the details? I too have that problem :)

Thank you,
Jen

Jen, do a search in the forum; you'll find several. :thumb:

Meanwhile, welcome to ScubaBoard! :D

I have a hard time searching for stuff and finding what I want, so I recently had a friend of mine help learn some of the ins and outs of searching (using google actually works better for me than using scubaboard's search tool). So, using my snazzy new skills I found this for you, one of the great threads I started with:

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=25026&pp=10

If you would like any more more specific information feel free to ask or PM me!

I have long hair also. When i started diving back in 1997. After my early morning shower to get to the dive center. I would put Cholestrol (that you can find from Sally's Beauty Supplies) it comes in a #10 container for about $10 & last for a really long time. I put about a quater size in my hair and brush through it. Then I start at my forehead and french braid very small portions of my hair and pull it very tight all the way to the end. When you get home just wash with your shampoo and it keeps your hair really beautiful and a great shine. Salt walter is cruel on your hair. Hope this helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom