London Calling - another newbie's 'hello'.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mat K

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Long time browser, second time posting.

I stumbled across this site a while back before I started my training. The advice and guidance has been invaluable, especially regarding asthma.

So, I bought all my own kit and began. All my dives have been under instruction in warm(ish) waters. I've also done a dry dive (to 40m) to be familiar with narcosis (what a laugh that was) and a scuba medic course covering advanced airway management etc. Next step is Rescue Diver, then *I'll* feel prepared to get some regular dives under my belt.

My big dilemma is wether or not to dive in the UK - muddy quarries and such like...

If you want to dive more, you'll have to accept the local conditions. I live on the Great Lakes. Many people only dive from late May through sometime in September. But if you can handle colder water, you can dive from early April through the end of October. That means a dry suit or thick wet suit. The local quarries open in early April and are open through late October, although one or two might be open all year.

Embrace the cold! :D

Why do you feel you have to have rescue before doing more fun dives? SDI, for example, requires 40 dives for rescue if you don't have advanced rating. Not sure about the other agencies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom