LOLA cross connect for Fathom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Blackfrogfeet

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
What length of cross connect whip are people here using to connect their LOLA valves when diving a Fathom in the boat rig?

What length of cross connect whip are people here using to connect their LOLA valves when diving a Fathom in the boat rig?
you probably know this but, dont forget to always close off both sides in storage

you probably know this but, dont forget to always close off both sides in storage
I am getting a set for my tanks, why do I need to shut both off? Does the banjo fitting leak? Thanks!

Okay.....why does it leak helium? Is it a PTFE line hose? Does that have permeability for helium?
I’ve never actually asked Jakub. Unsure what’s inside the stainless braid. @pcfaj likely knows.

Okay.....why does it leak helium? Is it a PTFE line hose? Does that have permeability for helium?
Very large surface area of that hose (vs a tiny 2mm surface area on a valve seat). Helium will leak out through the pores in the plastic liner (not sure its PFTE or something else) and your mix with gradually change via the loss of helium over weeks or months. There is no flexible plastic material that is completely impermeable to helium since its such a tiny atom.

Very large surface area of that hose (vs a tiny 2mm surface area on a valve seat). Helium will leak out through the pores in the plastic liner (not sure its PFTE or something else) and your mix with gradually change via the loss of helium over weeks or months. There is no flexible plastic material that is completely impermeable to helium since its such a tiny atom.

Cool, thanks for the explanation

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom