Login never works

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc Harry

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
The login boxes in the upper right never work.

Every time I try to login using the small boxes in the upper right, it asks me to try again and takes me to the full-page log in screen.

This happens on every different computer that I use, at home and at work, using IE and Firefox.

My computers at home have the latest browsers and software updates, and the latest drivers. The computers at work have older versions of browsers.

Clear your cookies and cache and see if the problem persists.

At work I am not permitted to clear my cache or cookies.

At home, I surf in privacy mode so there's no cache or cookies to clear.

Well. At home... That's why. Login uses cookies.

Just for kicks... See if you have any. If you do... Delete them.

Clear your cookies and cache and see if the problem persists.

Let me modify my question:

Why does the full-page login ALWAYS work, but the little login boxes in the upper right NEVER work?

If it were an issue with cookies then neither would work?

Let me say that if it "never worked"... then it wouldn't work for everyone. Which for most people (including myself)... it does.

It works for me (on multiple computers, browsers, operating systems, and even android devices), so... the login itself (the one on the upper right corner of the screen)... works.

The problem therefore, must be on your end and/or perhaps with a few other users who may occasionally experience similar issues because of the same thing. What that thing is... I can't say for sure, since I can't make the problem happen. I may only guess that it may be some kind of cookie issue or computer setting? Beyond that, there's nothing to fix as far as SB is concerned, because it's not broken. So again... I offer assistance to you where I can.

Have you tried my suggestion, or are you just totally writing that off?

...The problem therefore, must be on your end...

That's the beauty of computers these days... You can buy a computer and software, etc., and if nothing works no one takes responsibility for anything and everyone's response is always is "...the problem is on your end..."

Mucho gracias for the wonderful insight. It's a minor issue, so I won't a grudge.

I'm more than happy to take responsibility for things that are within my power to fix. If you want me to fix your issue, I would have to be sitting at your computer, since I can't duplicate this problem.

And again, you haven't replied to my question, which is, "did you try my suggestion?"

Believe me... If there's something wrong with SB... I want to fix it. Sorry I'm unable to help you with this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom