Logging direction when diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FlutterTubes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi! Quick question.
I would love to overlay my compass orientation on videos.
Does anyone know of a dive computer that can actually log heading (obviously after strapping it somewhere that doesn't move, like backplate or torso)

Drag a gps tracker on a surface float.

Hi! Quick question.
I would love to overlay my compass orientation on videos.
Does anyone know of a dive computer that can actually log heading (obviously after strapping it somewhere that doesn't move, like backplate or torso)

Closest thing I can think of is the computer system that Suex offers for there DPV's

Other than that you can go old school and use a MNemo but this requires a line

2nd action cam just on the compass and cut it into the final video?

_R
Yeah. I'd rather not. I'm afraid it will be too bulky to dual wield cameras, one of which having a compass attached to it.
I have actually ordered one of these... We'll see how this goes :)

IIRC Ratio iX3 line has the app for accessing IMU data (and it has a compass of course). No idea if/how it logs it.

IIRC Ratio iX3 line has the app for accessing IMU data (and it has a compass of course). No idea if/how it logs it.
That looks really awesome. I would love one of those one day, but it's hard to justify spending +700€ for something that will only be strapped at torso (or similar), not being used as a dive computer.
But thanks for giving the first real answer to my question :)

Back
Top Bottom