Logging Cage Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

J Easy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This may be a dumb question but have/would you log cage dives as dives in your logbook? More specifically, cage dives using surface supplied air or a hooka system. :idk:

Like said above, your log book is YOUR memories. Some of my best & most memorable logged dives have been in about 6 ft of water (the corals around Sipadan & playing in the Devil's system run at Ginnie Springs).

It's your log. Put anything in it you wish, especially if it holds a special memory for you.

Since I've never logged a dive in my life, no, I wouldn't log a cage dive either, but if I were a dive logger, sure, why not? IMO, a cage dive on a hookah system would be 10x's the learning experience of a typical 60' dive on OC scuba simply because I've never done either one before.

Yea I'd probably logged the first one or two, but if it as a regular thing I'd treat it like pool dives at not log them. But it's whatever you like, it's your log book. I mean, I've even logged one pool dive because it was my boyfriend's try dive and he didn't like it much so I figured it would be our only dive together :rofl3:

Thanks for the replies. I see a common theme in them ha ha... and you're all right. Much appreciated :cool3:

I log any dive I learn something from.

According to PADI, " Any dive that requires a air delivery system for a period of greater than 20 mins. shall be considered a "dive" and as such should be entered into your dive log book" so feel free to log it into your log book without guilt. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom